You can create a new folder in any namespace to which you have access, but in general, we ask that before doing so, you consider sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your intentions, if only to ensure that the proposed folder name and namespace are appropriate. You may also wish to consider the following points regarding access restrictions and customization.
- Do you wish to limit read-acess and/or write access? If so —
- We recommend you provide an image that can be used to create a logo for the folder (see below).
- Will you need folders in more than one namespace?
- Is it acceptable for the main search engine to show snippets from your folder?
- Who will the folder's administrators be?
- Do you want the folder to have a distinctive logo? If so —
- Please provide an image or a pointer to an image that can be used.
- The logo dimensions will be approximately 150px x160px.
- Is sidebar customization required?
- Note that currently, sidebar customization implies that searching is to be restricted to pages in the folder.
- View a sidebar page such as MediaWiki:MG/sidebar for ideas.
- Is CSS customization required?
- Is a quasi-keyboard required?