The QED interface is intended to make navigation straightforward and we encourage you to explore the website freely without feeling you have to read any documentation. The following brief notes may however be helpful.
The basic navigational techniques involve:
- hyperlinks, such as the blue text in the navigation bar at the right of this screen;
- the Go and Search buttons in the search box.
Other navigational devices include:
- the "What links here" button in the toolbox for following links backwards;
- the Category Query facility for finding the pages, images, and files in the intersection of categories;
- the Category Query page specialized for maps generates a page of thumbnails of maps satisfying the specified search criteria;
- the AJAXwp-based category hierarchy browser;
- the Special:Categories page allowing one to browse by category (thumbnails of images are generated).
The "Special:" pages are also accessible from the Special pages button in the toolbox.
If you would like to read more extensive documentation about navigation than is provided above, additional help may be found at Wikimedia Help For Readers.