Image:Climate Change, 1970-2050
A Warming Planet
This color-coded map indicates the trend of global warming for different regions in the world by showing the projected changes in the mean surface temperature between 1970-2050.
- Brown: 6.0 c-7.5 c
- Red: 4.5 c-6.0 c
- Goldenrod: 3.0 c-4.5 c
- Lemon Chiffon: 1.5 c-3.0 c
- White Smoke: 0.0 c-1.5 c
- Light Cyan: -1.5 c-00 c
A more detailed version of this map  makes these observations:
- "Children’s health will suffer as a result of heat waves, increased air pollution and floods."
- "Climate change represents one of the greatest environmental and health equity challenges of our times: wealthy, energy-consuming nations are most responsible for global warming, yet vulnerable, low-income populations, least prepared for the impacts of climate change, are most at risk."
Inheriting the World: The Atlas of Children's Health and the Environment, Part Three: A look to the future. By Bruce Gordon, Richard Mackay and Eva Rehfuess, World Health Organization, 2004. ISBN 92 4 159156 0.
© WHO 2004. All rights reserved.
This map is one in a series:
- Malaria, 2004
- Passive Smoking: Children Protest, 1999-2003
- Traditional Hazards, New Risks, c. 2002
- Two Worlds: Rich and Poor, 2004
- Water for All: Making it Happen, c. 2002
- The World's Forgotten Children, 1970-2000
- Lead: IQ Alert, c. 2002
- Child Labor: Growing Up Too Quickly, c. 2004
- Indoor Smoke: Breaking Down Respiratory Defences, c. 2000
- Healthy Schools: Empowering Children, 2001-2003
- Climate Change, 1970-2050
- Enjoying the Sun Safely, c. 2000
Mapping Globalization Category Queries
There are no pages that link to this file.