Image:The World's Forgotten Children, 1970-2000
The World's Forgotten Children: Child Mortality Rate
Color-coded map shows mortality rate per 1000 live births of children under five years old in 2000. It also shows countries considered "Beacons of hope," where the greatest improvement in child mortality rate has been accomplished between 1970-2000.
- Dark Blue: Over 175
- Dark Green: 101-175
- Light Green: 26-100
- Light Brown: 11-25
- Light Blue: 10 and under
- Light Purple: no data
A more detailed version of this map: 
Inheriting the World: The Atlas of Children's Health and the Environment, Part One: Child health and poverty. By Bruce Gordon, Richard Mackay and Eva Rehfuess, World Health Organization, 2004. ISBN 92 4 159156 0.
© WHO 2004. All rights reserved.
This map is one in a series:
- Malaria, 2004
- Passive Smoking: Children Protest, 1999-2003
- Traditional Hazards, New Risks, c. 2002
- Two Worlds: Rich and Poor, 2004
- Water for All: Making it Happen, c. 2002
- The World's Forgotten Children, 1970-2000
- Lead: IQ Alert, c. 2002
- Child Labor: Growing Up Too Quickly, c. 2004
- Indoor Smoke: Breaking Down Respiratory Defences, c. 2000
- Healthy Schools: Empowering Children, 2001-2003
- Climate Change, 1970-2050
- Enjoying the Sun Safely, c. 2000
Mapping Globalization Category Queries
There are no pages that link to this file.